Cabinet Makeover with Chalk Paint

Today I am sharing my Cabinet Makeover with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I have been looking for  a used china hutch on craiglist and I got lucky and found the most perfect hutch. The bonus is it came with a curio cabinet as well. I didn’t love the finish, it screamed 1980’s,  but I figured that with a little paint these pieces would be good as new. My china hutch is still a work in progress, but I have finished my cabinet and I’m sharing that with you today!
Cabinet makeover with Chalk Paint by Blooming Homestead
I absolutely love how it turned out. Here are some before and afters.
Cabinet makeover with Chalk Paint by Blooming Homestead
I absolutely love the chicken wire doors. I painted the frames, but left the chicken wire and all the hardware the original color. I loved the character it added. Here you can also see the awesome brown and gold stained wallpaper used as a backing.  I was NOT loving that. :)
  Cabinet makeover with Chalk Paint by Blooming Homestead
I think my favorite thing about this piece is the hidden storage that comes with this cabinet. Currently it is holding some antique china, my bill paying and some craft supplies, and all of the kids art supplies! Our house is on the smaller size and we don’t have a lot of storage so its nice to have beautiful pieces that can be functional too!
Cabinet makeover with Chalk Paint by Blooming Homestead
I’m still working to replace the light. I have removed the old one from the top, but just haven’t replaced it yet. As for the painting, this was my first experience with  chalk paint. It wasn’t quite what I expected but I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. If you have used chalk paint I would love to hear your experience with it and/or tips and tricks. I plan to use the chalk paint on a few more projects and see how they turn out so stay tuned!
Cabinet makeover with Chalk Paint by Blooming Homestead
Want to see more? Check out these projects:
Desk Makeover
Desk Makeover at Blooming Homestead
Chair Makeover
  Chair Makeover at Blooming Homestead

I link up {here}

Remodelaholic

Comments

• 6

Marie says

Definitely, I was nervous too but had heard great things about the chalk paint. Overall, I was pretty happy.

1. 12

says

It turned out beautiful! I have heard great things about chalkboard paint and after seeing your post, I just might try it out on an old coffee table. I LOVE the chicken wire.

2. 14

says

I absolutely love this! I heard lots of good things about Annie Sloan paint and I love the chicken wire. I have been toying with replacing the glass in my ikea hutch with some, but I’m worried about ruining it. Your cabinet looks great though and I love the blue mason jars inside.

3. 17

says

Turned out great!! I am a big big fan of chalk paint. Pretty soon everything in my house will be painted with it I think :) Thanks for linking up over at Bewitchin’ Projects Block Party, we love having you! I will be featuring this super cool makeover. We would love for you to come link up again this Sunday morning!!
    -Shonee
    Shonee recently posted…Guest PostMy Profile

4. 22

aprila says

wow it turned out great. Thanks for linking up at Tell Me About It Tuesday. We hope you hop over and share with us again next week.

5. 23

says

This turned out so gorgeous! Good job!
    Thanks for sharing it at the Teach Me Tuesday Linky Party. Hope you can join us again tonight starting @ 9pm est:)

6. 24

says

Love this! Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream’s City of Links last Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week :)
    Shanice recently posted…City of Links #32My Profile