Anyone who has ever tried a Swig Cookie knows how truly delicious they are. Basically they are a delicious sugar cookie with a somewhat crisp outside and a soft chewy center. Served cold with room temerature icing….they are so yummy! I was craving these the other day so I decided to whip up some Swig Cookies-Patriotic Style.
I came across this recipe a few years ago and I have used them to roll out my shaped cookies ever since. The last time I made these and we were eating them we couldn’t believe how much they tasted like Swig Cookies! This recipe has quickly become a family favorite and making them swig style has been pretty on point. One note: I made my cookies kind of thicker so they would retain that chewy center. This recipe made about 17 cookies. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour-add 1-2 Tbls extra if necessary for slightly thicker consistency.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Additional sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ C Sour Cream
- 5-7 Cups powdered Sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 Tbls milk to make frosting spreadable
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Roll top half of cookie ball in sugar.
- Place on greased baking sheet; flatten with a glass slightly, be sure to leave enough for a thicker chewy center.
- Bake 6-10 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Mix icing and add desired food coloring.
- Frost and enjoy!
Looking for more delicious treats?
Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookie Bars
Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats
I link to these parties here.
Rencontre amoureuse says
I don’t know whether it’s just me or if perhaps everybody
else encountering problems with your website. It seems
like some of the text iin your content are running off the
screen. Can someone else please provide feedback annd let me know iff this is happening to them too?
This could be a issue with my browser because I’ve had this
happen previously. Cheers
So sorry, things seem to be okay on my screen so I am not sure what the problem is. :/