This post is sponsored by Better Homes and Gardens at Walmart. Opinions and projects are always my own and I am so excited to share them with you! This post also contains affiliate links.
Looking to ready your home for the holidays? Whether you are hosting out of town guests or just spending time together as a family, I’ve got some simple ideas that can make all the difference. Today I’m sharing 5 ways to cozy your home for the holidays. Eliminate the stress this holiday season with these tips to maximize comfort.
- Add Cozy Throws and Pillows– Switch out your lightweight cotton throws and pillows for cozier textures like chunky knits, faux fur, or velvet plush. Make comfort easily accessible by adding a cozy throw or soft pillows to an accent chair or sofa. Keep spare blankets in a basket for easy storage.
This season my favorite accents are the grey herringbone woven throw, grey chenille throw, ivory rosette plush pillow, and faux cut fur pillow. We keep them easily accessible in our great room where we gather often and hang out together as a family and with guests.
2. Candles– Candles are a classic way to add ambiance to your home. Scented candles have a way of making the home feel cozier. My go-to scent this season is Fresh Cut Frasier by Better Homes and Gardens at Walmart. With just enough scent without being overpowering, we are able to capture that fresh cut tree smell even though our tree is artificial.
3. Treats & Snacks– Good food is always a staple for the holidays. Not only do we love baking delicious treats each week, but I also like to keep handy little snacks around in these cute white hobnail mugs. (available in walmart stores.) Not only are they perfect for hot cocoa, but we use them to hold fun little chocolates, pretzels, or any easy to grab snacks. Plus they make great gifts! Simply fill them with treats or homemade caramel corn, wrap in cellophane and tie with ribbon.
4. Activities– One of the most important ways we enjoy the holidays is spending time together as a family. We always keep a pile of Christmas books around to read each night. We also love to play board games together and I’ve found the perfect storage solution for these items with our new Crossmill Weathered Coffee Table.
Check out this awesome hidden storage! Not only is the weathered finish beautiful, but the top easily slides open to access whatever items we need. (This is also a great place to store extra throws and pillows.)
5. Add Festive Touches- A simple way to cozy up your home for the holidays is to switch out some of your regular home accents with warmer, softer holiday decor.
Replacing the greenery in vases with holiday stems and twigs brings a bit of the outdoors inside.
I love to include natural calming accents into our home decor like cut wood, antlers, and pine greenery. This simple porcelain sidebowl filled with pinecones and ornaments makes a beautiful statement piece on this acacia wood bark charger.
Hopefully you can use some of these tips to make your home nice and cozy this holiday season. Little changes can make a big impact to the overall feel of your home.
Check out our other fun ideas using Better Homes and Gardens products at Walmart and walmart.com.
Guest Bedroom Farmhouse Makeover
Shannon Fox says
Your room looks gorgeous!! Definitely super-cozy and ready to enjoy the holidays.
Thank you! We are enjoying it for sure.
Lolly Jane says
Love this so much, Marie! I want that coffee table so badly but my space is too tight for it. I’m dying over your GORGEOUS tree and all of the BHG touches. So pretty! xoxo